The Centre for Investigative Journalism Malawi (CIJM) was established 2013. CIJM is an independent Centre of investigative journalists. We are committed to promoting effective, ethical and original reporting. Reporting should be about Journalistics should favour systematic and contextualised exposure of corruption, exploitation, and other social-justice issues.
The CIJM Malawi are a member of:
– Media Council of Malawi
– African Network of Centre of Investigative Reporters
– amaBhungane Centre for Investigative Journalism, South Africa’s pre-eminent investigative non-profit
CIJM will facilitate an exchange of ideas and resources. This will be done by channeling support and technical advice, by promoting dialogue among investigative journalists within Malawi and abroad, facilitate access to information resources that can enhance the quality of Malawian investigative journalism, and promote the highest professional standards, free from ideological and partisan pressures.
Our programmes are:
– Small Investigative Grants disbursement
– Expert Training In Investigative Journalism
– Foreign Internships
– Career Talks in Journalism Training institutions